Adult Financial Fitness Contest
About the Contest
FFGA Partners support an Adult Financial Fitness Contest that engages participants to actively manage their personal finances. Participants are asked to read the instructions and follow the directions. Everyone must complete an online application and submit an essay (not to exceed 1000 words) on how they manage their household finances using a spending plan (commonly referred to as a budget). All persons should prepare a spending plan for their private monthly use and free annual/semi-annual review with a finance professional of your choice. However, the adult participant finalists selected for interview to potentially win the prize money will be required to bring a sample spending plan to their interview. Essays are judged by a panel of community leaders of the FFGA Adult Contest Committee. All essays become the property of Financial Fitness Greater Austin and may be used to promote financial education.
1st Prize $2,500
2nd Prize $1,500
3rd Prize $1,000
Essay submission deadline is Friday May 3rd, 2019
1. Adults must select the financial exercise covering Spending Plans and answer all of the pertinent questions.
2. Adults should complete the essay questions and follow the directions as stated on the application.
3. Adults should proofread their applications to ensure correct grammar, and punctuation. Also include real impact stories to all questions.
4. Adults should submit typed online applications.
5. Adults completing the Spending Plan activity should attached the completed Spending Plan to their completed application and return via email.
6. Adults should answer all questions to the best of their ability.
7. Adults should complete the desired form, and either upload the corresponding exercise to the form or send it via email.
Application Submissions: March 7 – May 3rd, 2019
Adult essay interviews begin: June 15th
Winners announced and awards presented: June 28th
2019 Adult Contest Winners
Gloria Akinnibosun – 1st place $2,500.00
Kyle Johnson - 2nd place - $1,500.00
Katasia Jordan - 3rd place - $1,000.00
Rudolph Garrison - 3rd place - $1,000.00